,

Sunday, June 12, 2011

AMO-chan inspired makeup and OOTD

Pin It Now!

When I went to Kinokuniya with my friend Serra last weekend, Used MIX magazine really caught my eye, because of 'Charisma Model' AMO-chan's amazing makeup on the cover. I love AMO's look in general. Her style combines dolly cute and nonchalant cool, two concepts that are rarely seen together. I mean she wears frills and pastels while at the same time giving off the wtf-you-looking-at-air - I love it!!
I love this cover!

AMO-chan wearing huge bow, frilly top and bloomers with white Chanel bag, looking like a doll who couldn't care less if you dropped off the face of the earth ;)

Something quite unique about AMO-chan's look is her super pouty juicy lips (discussed below). This is somewhat unusual as gyaru makeup usually either downplays lips (by using light or nude gloss) or the girl will pose with pursed lips to make them thinner looking.
Then this page talks about the basics of her makeup style. About the eyes, it says that the key to dolly cute is Tare-me (droopy eyes), and AMO achieves this by using red-brown eyeshadow all over the outer edge of her eye. Then it talks about her lip maiku. As I suspected, AMO's pouty lips is achieved by putting lipstick 1-2mm outside her natural lip line : O.
I used:
  • Clinique Mineral Foundation
  • Dolly Wink No.2 Sweet Girly False Upper Lashes
  • Dolly Wink No.8 Pure Little False Lower Lashes
  • Clarins and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Pallettes
  • Dior Addict High Shine Lip Colour in Front Row Fig
  • Napoleon Perdis Mosaic Blush

How:


More shots :)


Finally I did some shots of my outfit!! I was going for the Zuru Yuru look I was talking about in my previous post on 2011 'Osshare' key words.
Sweater: Bonds; Knit Skirt: ASOS.com; Forever21 earrings: gifted; Usamimi: Tempt; Necklace: Mimco; Bangles: Diva
Se-no~
More photos of AMO's style book from Used MIX Magazine. I love her style!! >.<





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!