,

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

PEMBA BOUTIQUE x CLOSET VOYAGE \\ PRETTY MONOCHROME

Pin It Now!
It's amazing how many memorable outfits this $4 vintage skirt I purchased from Opshoppers has given me. I guess it just goes to show that it always pays to pick up vintage pieces in timeless cuts and modern prints. You can't wrong with midi skirts and stripes, especially when it's under $5.

It's no accident of course, that I happened to pick out the one black and white piece out of a pile of miscellaneous apparel on Opshopper owner Fiona's living room floor. I have what might now be considered to be an unhealthy obsession with monochrome. I feel like I need to go to some Monochrome Wearers Anonymous meetings, where you are encouraged to introduce yourself by saying 'Hi, I'm a fashion blogger and I can't stop wearing black and white.'

At last week's Westfield Flat Lay the Nation Bloggers Challenge event at Westfield Belconnen, my fellow Canberra fashion bloggers dared me to style a flatlay that isn't black and white. After faffing about with this colour and that colour, I ended up putting together an all black outfit. Somehow I don't think that's what they meant.

Which ultimately leads me again to this nifty Ziggy Nicole Crop Top from Pemba Boutique. Black and white, cropped, halter neck, the roll-call of awesome goes on. It's such a versatile piece that I've been able to style it in so many different ways - with boyfriend jeans for something a little grunge and then with denim cutoffs and a big green bush (that grows in your yard!) for a disheveled pool party look.

Incidentally, you can win this top in the
Bloggers for Pemba Boutique instagram competition! All you have to regram the competition image tagging @closetvoyage, @pemba_boutique and #bloggersforpemba!   IMG_7106 copy  IMG_7105  IMG_7069 copy IMG_7063 copyIMG_7119 copy Ziggy Nicole Crop Top c/o Pemba Boutique (here)
Vintage Pleated Midi Skirt (similar here)
eBay Ankle Strap Heels (similar here)
BLK DNM No.8 Leather Jacket (here, here or here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!