,

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

GRANDMA SHIRT

Pin It Now!

     IMG_2583 copy IMG_2584 copyIMG_2585

I’ve always been oddly attracted to grandma styles – embroidered cardigans, mother of peal buttons, nautical neck scarves and the like. Of course, I’m not talking about my own grandma’s clothing. Having lived through Mao’s Cultural Revolution and then a ‘waste-nothing’ middle class lifestyle, you can imagine that fashion wasn’t as a-matter-of-fact as it is in our day. Rather, I’m referring to the impeccably dressed style ethos of the 50’s and 60’s Western woman. But the way that I wear my grandma styles would surely have had me thrown into Emily Post’s black book. Here I’ve got my cute little short sleeve jacket (from the Canberra’s own Opshoppers) that may once upon a time have been a delightful little twinset with trim trousers or a sensible skirt. In my world though (the Closet Voyage World), it’s the perfect crop top to bare your midriff in with a pair of dangerously distressed boyfriend jeans - to be perfectly honest I wish the jeans were about 500% more distressed. I’m a bit of a broken record when it comes to my vintage ethos. The fun is absolutely in taking beautifully crafted pieces of the past and making them new again by wearing them in innovative and unexpected ways.

And wayfarer glasses? Exactly.

Vintage T shirt slash jacket from Opshoppers \\ J Brand Adrian Distressed Boyfriend Jeans (here) \\ Karen Millen Jewelry \\ 3.1 Phillip Lim Medium Pashli in Mixed Media (here) \\ Zara Basic Ankle Strap Stiletto Sandals

IMG_2589 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!