,

Sunday, July 28, 2013

THE PLEATED MINI SKIRT

Pin It Now!

IMG_7987 copy

IMG_8001 copy    IMG_7980 copy IMG_7994 copy  IMG_7991 copy

 

Printed shirt and pleated pleather skirt c/o Chicnova (here & here) \\ Zara Jacket from Opshoppers (similar here) \\ Tony Biano Boots (here) \\ The Cambridge Satchel Company Pastel 13” Satchel (11” here & 13” here)

 

In my younger, less style savvy years, I was known to dress like a Japanese school girl every single day, in my pleated (very) mini skirt and knee high socks. As much as I’ve tried to turn a new leaf, I still can’t bring myself to give up the pleated mini skirt. I’m somehow naturally attracted to fit and flare silhouettes, not the least because they’re just so comfy to wear. Only now my perfect pleated mini is made in leather, rather than tartan, like this not-too-short-not-too-long pleather skirt from Chicnova. Paired with Zara light wash denim jacket from Canberra’s own Opshoppers and my new pair of grungy studded boots fresh from the Tony Biano sale, this outfit is (or so I tell myself) more disheveled rock chic than school girl cosplay. The irony, of course, is in my choice of the school bag style Cambridge Satchel Company Satchel – in my defense, this bag does pretty much go with everything. For me this was a perfect casual getup for running around town all day long. And man, was it a long day! By the time I was sitting down at the Lifeline Vintage Gala Ball last night, my lemon tart desert was looking real good as a pillow to sleep on. More on that later.

What style choices of the past do you find difficult to let go of?

 

 

image001 (1)

Unfold your style with sweet, sexy, punk items from ROMWE’s end of July sale! Shop the sale here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!