,

Monday, July 15, 2013

OVER DRESSED

Pin It Now!

IMG_7576 copy 

 IMG_7572 copy IMG_7578 copy  IMG_7582 copy  

 

Top c/o Chicnova \\ VIPARO Leather Skirt (similar in black) \\ The Cambridge Satchel Company Pastel 13” Satchel (11” here and 13” here) \\ Studded Western Boots c/o Wittner \\ Zara Biker Coat

I’m constantly confused by the messages people sport on their tees. My boyfriend once had a shirt that said 'Don’t like me? Wait till you get to know me.’ I was never too sure how to take that. Just to be on the safe side I assumed it was some kind of a threat. It also makes me wonder what goes on in the mind of the designer when printing a shirt – do they print messages they want to say to the buyer, or perhaps, what the wearer would like to say about themselves? As a lawyer, I can’t help but approach these questions from a purely analytical point of view.

It’s no wonder, then, that this printed tee from Chicnova is the only one of its kind in my wardrobe. I love the irony of the message, ‘You can never be over dressed’, on a cropped sports jersey – a style that couldn’t be more underdressed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!