,

Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Review: NP SET Pasarella Powder Foundation

Pin It Now!

 

IMG_4011

I haven’t used a powder foundation for years, as I hated how caked and unnatural they made my skin look. However, given my recent (inexplicable) acne problem, which BB Cream and liquid foundation struggled to cover, I was willing to give them another go. The other day I noticed that my housemate Rebecca’s skin looked amazingly glowy and translucent, and she told me that she was wearing Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Foundation. I got a tip from her that the NP SET Pasarella Powder Foundation was very similar to Camera Finish, at half the price. So that’s the convoluted story behind my decision to try this highly rated powder foundation, which turned out to have excellent, natural coverage, and, as an added bonus, photographs extremely well. Read on for my review.

IMG_3560

NP SET is an affordable line Napoleon Perdis makes predominantly for Target, “inspired by the notion of California cool with on-trend colours, clever packaging and the spirit of glamour on the go”. Even for an affordable line the products clearly exceeds your average drug store brand, in both quality and price. While the Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Foundation costs a hefty $65, NP SET Parsarella Powder Foundation is half the price, but still on the spendy side, at $28. One way NP SET is able to keep it price low may be its cheap yet still elegant packaging.

IMG_3564

before_after

Pasarella Powder Foundation eliminates shine and covers redness and blemishes extremely well. It also reduces the appearance of pores. For a foundation that offers such great coverage, the finish is very fine and natural looking, making the skin look almost airbrushed. It is, however, very matte and drying, and emphasizes dry and flaky skin, so a hydrating primer is a must. Finally, NP SET Pasarella Powder looks perfect in photos. So no more fear of flash photography for wedding attendees, and of course, selfie-obsessed bloggers.

IMG_4000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!