,

Thursday, March 28, 2013

School Uniform Envy

Pin It Now!
IMG_8517


I wasn’t one of those people who hated wearing my school uniform. I loved my green tartan skirt and white button up shirt so much that they continued to be integrated into my everyday wardrobe even after I graduated. But I always wished that long socks, bow ties and blazers were a part of my public school uniform – major uniform envy for the posh private schools. I wonder whether it’s because of the nostalgia of high school life or the objective chic-ness of the design of uniforms, that elements of school dress consistently make their way back into mainstream trends. The varsity jacket, which is traditionally a symbol of athletic achievement that had to be earned, just happens to be a fierce outerwear item and by many accounts a ‘must-have’, being perfectly aligned to a number of current popular trends (namely, leather, boyfriend and oversized). I’ve just always love the look and feel of the varsity jacket. The more oversized the better.

IMG_8510IMG_8515IMG_8491IMG_8499


All About Even Varsity Jacket

ASOS Printed Shirt

ROMWE Pleather Dress

ASOS Sonic Heels

Witchery Perspex Clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!