,

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mid-week outfit: Maxi skirt and turban headband

Pin It Now! IMG_0862
IMG_0878IMG_0874


I wore: Sunglasses c/o www.romwe.com • Top – Reiss Emproium • Maxi Skirt – Jovonna London • Boots – Solestruck • Bag – Vintage

I constantly yoyo between buying fast fashion and investing in quality pieces. In the end it’s really a question of quality or quantity. You can have 20 cheap items to mix and match, but these will either be fleeting trends or are so flimsy that they start to fall apart after the first few wears. Or you can invest in one beautifully made piece in a versatile style that you’ll keep for years. I think every wardrobe has to have a balance of both. However, for certain things, I’ll always choose quality over quantity, like shoes. Bags, you can go without, but shoes can make or break an outfit. I’ve found that the quality shoes I’ve forked out on have always served me well. These boots by Sam Edelman were one of my more expensive purchases, but are also one of my most worn pairs.
Do you prefer quality or quantity?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!