,

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Friday Review: Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream

Pin It Now! About this time two years ago, I was completely enchanted by the whole 100% natural beauty product movement. The idea of Jurlique Daily Exfoliating Cream, made with oats and almonds really captured my imagination.
1

Jurlique daily exfoliating cream is a non-gradular exfoliator made mostly with oats, almonds and honey. Oat is an excellent natural exfoliator, and unlike other more abbrasive exfoliators, can be used everyday. While Jurlique daily exfoliating cream states that it is ‘rich in oats, almonds and honey’, it has an extremely long ingredient list, which includes Sesame Seed Oil, Green Tea, Grape seeds, Tumeric, just to name a few. A majority of the ingredients listed are known for their detoxing and healing qualities.
1_1 Like all Jurlique tubed products, you have to break the seal with the cap. I guess this is done for hygiene purposes, but I fail to see how using a cap that lots of people probably have touched to open the tube is hygienic.
1_2
Out of the tube, Jurlique daily exfoliating cream is very thick. The smell hits you immediately. I wouldn’t say it’s a ‘scent’, more like a fresh grain like smell that you might get when you open a bag of rice, and with a touch of honey. It takes a bit of getting used to at first.
2 The instructions say to wet the product and form a paste, but this really doesn’t happen, due to the large chunks of oats. When spread out, this pretty much looks exactly like oat porridge (and perhaps something else). The product feels really nice on the skin. The exfoliating action is gentle, but seems to work quite well. My skin looks smoother after use, and feels soft.
The downside is that due to the irregularly sized bits in this cream, it’s kind of hard to work with. It’s difficult to spread this evenly on the skin. The instructions say to apply it to the skin with a pressing motion, but I’ve found this to be quite ineffective, as the product is more likely to stay on your hand than stick to your face.
Also, I’m not sure I agree with its promise to ‘deeply cleanse’ the skin. I always end up using a cleanser afterwards to get that squeaky clean feeling.3 
The full sized exfoliating cream from Jurlique is about $70. This is really expensive for something you could conceivably cook up yourself from ingredients in your pantry. Though I did find a place in Perth so get discount Jurlique products. I picked up my tube for just $40, a much more bearable price. However, I’m not sure if I love this product enough to fork out for it again.
word_thegoodnews
  • Made with 100% natural products and contains no harmful chemicals
  • Pleasant natural scent
  • Feels great on the skin 
  • Leave skin feeling smooth and soft 
word_thebadnews
  • Smell may be off putting for some
  • Difficult to apply and use
  • Can get messy
  • Very pricey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!