,

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Geo Mari Gold Blue Review: Beautiful colour and looks great even without makeup!

Pin It Now! Totally intrigued with Geo’s new Mari Gold series, with metallic gold specs. After reviewing Mair Gold Grey, I was eager to also try the other colours in the series.
Apart from super subtle designs like 1 Day Acuvue Define, it’s very rare that I would recommend wearing a circle lens without any makeup. This is because circle lenses alone look freakishly big in the eyes, and usually need to be balanced out by makeup, especially false lashes. If the lens is small enough that you don’t need makeup, well, then, it’s probably so subtle that it’s not worth even wearing it!
Geo Mari Gold blue is a completely different story.
IMG_9369
First of all, I have to again thank Eyecandy Lens for providing these lenses for me to review. It’s always very exciting receiving the lens gars in Eyecandy Lens’ colour little packages. I’ve been sent both the Mari Gold Blue and Violet. I will be posting my review of the Violet next week.
94
Specs:
Brand: GEO
Origin: South Korea
Water content: 42%
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Base Curve: 8.6 Duration: 1 year disposable
95
GEO Mari Gold Blue is a bit different to the other lenses in the Mari Gold series as the metallic specs in the lens is not gold, as the ‘Mari Gold’ name would suggest, but silver. Against the white lens case, the silver specs are almost invisible, but that’s the beauty of it. The lenses in the Mari Gold series show up extremely well on dark eyes, the darker the better (finally!).
92
Against my very dark brown, almost black, eyes, not only do the metallic specs show up beautifully, but the blue colour is extremely vivid. I might even go so far as to say that this is the most vivid blue lens I’ve ever tried.
IMG_9379
Usually the colours in a coloured lens dull when viewed at a distance, but Mari Gold blue remains decidedly blue even from a distance, and in both indoor and outdoor lighting conditions. The effect is somewhat like a starry night sky.
IMG_9357
When I started putting on my eye makeup, I realized that these lenses actually look great without any eye makeup at all! The relatively small size gives enlargement but is proportionate with the eyes and the amazing blue colour gives the eyes definition. Here’s what it looked like before any eye makeup.
IMG_9304
So I skipped the false lashes and opted for simple eye shadow and subtle eyeliner.
IMG_9325
I was quite impressed that even in my outfit shoot later that day, when my lenses usually come up looking black, you can definitely see the blue.
IMG_9460
Get the Geo Mari Gold series here!
word_thegoodnews
  • Very unique, but still somewhat natural looking 
  • The colour shows up extremely well even on very dark eyes
  • Close up, the effect is like a starry night sky
  • Quite comfortable 
  • Small size makes it easy to wear
word_thebadnews
  • At 14.2 mm, may be too small for some
Disclaimer: I can only review this lens from the point of view of appearance and my own personal experience. Contact lenses can be potentially harmful if faulty or not correctly worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!