,

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Midweek outfit–Pastel and paisley

Pin It Now! f109_2f110_2f111_2f112_2
I wore: Mint Cardigan – Thrifted • Polka dotted top – FELTPaisley shorts c/o www.oasap.com • Socks – www.topshop.com • Bag – www.ebay.com • Shoes – http://www.generalpants.com.au/
My faith in charity shops is restored! I was having a real dry spell with finds, and was pretty much convinced that Canberrans don’t donate anything interesting to charity. Also I notice all the charity stores around here have decided to increase their prices recently. Now pretty much everything is about $10. For $10 I could probably find something brand new on ebay or on sale at some chain store. But last weekend I had a massively successful op shopping day! This mint knit cardigan for $7 – what a find! Another great thing about charity shop items is that you often find some really great quality things. The buttons on this cardigan are made of mother of pearl. They just don’t make’em like they used to!
Among my other finds that day was a good as new condition Paul Smith blazer for just $12. If you’re interested, I do all my thrifting these days right at the ‘end of the rainbow’, so to speak, the Salvation Army warehouse store in Fyshwick. They have by far the most clothes out of all the Salvos around Canberra, and they also seem to have a good turnover rate.
Have you made some great op shop finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!