,

Sunday, April 29, 2012

End of Week outfit–the Big Purple Skirt, a Cinderella story.

Pin It Now!

 

IMG_2493_4IMG_2492_3

I wore: Cropped blazer by Ojay; White T by Country Road; Necklace from Colette; Big Purple Skirt by Lisa Ho, vintage; Sandals by Zara

A while ago I posted about the Big Purple Skirt I picked up for $10 at my favourite antique store Down Memory Lane. I didn’t really understand what it was, but I knew as soon as I saw it it was something very special, from the intricate pleating, to the incredible not-too-light-not-too-heavy material and the sew in petticoat. 

I recently asked my friend Mel, own of Librarian Chic Vintage to ‘appraise’ the skirt for me. To my surprise, she told me that this could be quite a valuable piece. She explained that the skirt was made out of taffeta and the tiny pleating is called ‘origami pleating’. She also pointed out that the skirt was by Lisa Ho, world famous Australian design who has dressed the likes of Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jennifer Lopez.

So there you go, the ‘rags to riches’ story of my Big Purple Skirt.

72

Have you picked up any vintage gems for a pittance recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!