,

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How I did my rainbow manicure

Pin It Now!

After I posted about my rainbow manicure two Monday Nail Stuff posts ago, lots of people asked me how I managed to get the stripes so straight. I was trying to impress on everyone how easy it was, but I don’t think I got the message across, so I thought I might do a short tutorial post. I’m hoping to convince you nonbelivers who think you have no time for nail art, that it can be quick and easy, and you’ll be delighted with the results!

IMG_8866

So first, the tools. You’ll need 6 colours, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. Any shade will do, as long as they are bright. I used:

  • OPI Pamploma Purple (In my original rainbow manicure post I used Essie Tri-Becca)
  • OPI “Suzi Says Fung Shui”
  • China Glaze “Jolly Holly”
  • China Glaze “Happy go lucky”
  • OPI “Hot & Spicy”
  • OPI “Red my fortune cookie”

First, paint your nail with the purple as a base as normal, making sure that the base is neat and clean. Wait for this layer to mostly dry before going on to the next step.

27

Now, paint the first blue strive, holding the brush HORIZONTALLY. Draw the brush in one smooth motion from left to right (or the other way if you are left handed). Make sure it’s one quick stroke, so that the edges of the stripe is as straight as possible. It might also help to turn you finger as you go to help guide the brush.

28

Give the blue stripe a few seconds to dry a little, then apply the green, overlapping the blue stripe.

29

Rinse and repeat!

30

See – so easy!!

 

Happy nail rainbow nail art-ing guys!

1 comment:

  1. I find that using tape helps me much better, although it does involve a little more work. :D or maybe it's because i have shaky hands haha!

    ReplyDelete

Comment with Facebook!