,

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

TODAY'S LEVITATION \\ Closet Voyage x Mussen

Pin It Now!

IMG_8441

This month, Canberra's radest fashion boutique Mussen turns one. Birthday snaps are all important, so that's my excuse for playing dress up in my favourite items in store now. I was head to toe in Staple the Label for this shoot - isn't it obvious from the copious mesh insertions and the feminine-masculine lines? This sheer chambray shirt is double trouble, long enough to wear as a stolen boyfriend shirt-dress, and also perfect for layering with fitted styles to create off-beat silhouettes.

Let me also assure you that there is a very good reason I'm floating around Jamison Plaza. If you haven't heard of Natsumi Hayashi, then where have you been! I remember back in 2010 I first came across her photography website Yowa Yowa Camera Diary, and I was hooked immediately. Every post was entitled 'Today's Levitation', with stunning photos of Japanese girls ostensibly levitating while doing everyday things: vacuuming the floor, talking on the phone, getting on a train, crossing the street. I would strongly argue that Natsumi's photos sparked the whole levitation photography craze. Recently, Natsumi announced her first solo exhibition in Tokyo. Being unable to see it in person, I guess this is my homage to her inspirational work. I hope you agree with me that levitation x Staple the Label x Mussen go beautifully together.

Find Mussen online, or at it's physical location at 17 Mort Street, Canberra. For good measure, go ahead and follow them on their gorgeous facebook page.

IMG_8436 IMG_8447IMG_8417IMG_8381

Sheer Chambray Oversized Shirt - Staple the Label - Mussen (online or in store)
Ribbed Mesh Pencil Skirt - Staple the Label - Mussen (online or in store)
Leopard Loafers - Jessica Buurman (here)
Chanel No.5 Galaxy S4 cover - eBay (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!