,

Thursday, February 20, 2014

THE DAY I LOST MY HAT

Pin It Now!

IMG_6841   IMG_6887

When I was a kid, they tell me I was notorious for losing my shit - in both senses of the word. I was gifted with being able to cry on cue and scattering my possessions around town. Gloves, scarves, toys. On shoe is still down a well somewhere. But the days of losing a cell phone annually are over. Or so I thought. The day I wore this Fedora from Choies and took these photos, I lost it. That’s right. I left the house with it – on my head – and I walked back in the house without it. You see why people claim losing things is a gift of mine? I guess I should have heeded the warnings of my girl Jess at OnceTwiceBlog about a well fitting hat, and she sure has a great one. Sad about mine though…

And as for the rest of my outfit, I can’t gush enough about full fur clutches. While I assumed the style is a recent innovation, I guess fashion does go in cycles. To find this vintage rabbit fur piece at Heather at Heatstorm Blog’s closet cleanout sale was pretty amazing. It was one of her opshop finds. See, that’s why we hit the goodwill! I would baulk at the thought of donning real fur, as I am terribly against killing animals for their skin, but somehow vintage seems forgivable. Though I would have been just have happy with faux. What about you?

Wide Brimmed Fedora c/o Choies (similar) \\ Long Sleeve Maxi Dress (knotted) c/o ASOS (similar) \\ Thrifted Tartan Shirt (similar) \\ Vintage Rabbit Fur Clutch from Heatstorm Blog (similar) \\ Rag & Bone Newbury Boots

IMG_6870

1 comment:

  1. The titanium Flask 2.1 – T-SHOT-GEMS - Titanium-ART
    Stainless steel Flask 2.1 made of titanium alloy, it has an excellent titanium prices heat how much is titanium worth retention rate, trekz titanium pairing is a titanium pans highly recommended titanium 6al4v and high quality product. This flask is

    ReplyDelete

Comment with Facebook!