,

Monday, January 13, 2014

Big pants for a little girl

Pin It Now!

IMG_5006

IMG_5035

I know what this must look like. You’re thinking, it was fine when she was going on endlessly about boyfriend jeans, but now she’s gone too far. To say these jeans are a ‘slouchy fit’ would probably be a bit of an understatement. My best way of describing the cut is ‘Zoo Suit’ – high waisted, super baggy and dramatically tapered at the ankle. Curiously, rather than buying an ill fitting pair of pants which I make work with (perhaps questionable) belting and rolling, these jeans were evidently designed this way. A thrift find, of course. The label features delightful illustrations of men in bowling shirts and white sneakers, perhaps a serving suggestion. It made me wonder to what demographic and/or era this silhouette is supposed to appeal to, but at the same time I couldn’t help but be be completely appealed. The minute I saw these I was like, ‘will look so good with heels’. I wonder if you agree with me, or is this another one of my poor, stepping-over-the-masculinity-line, style choices to be regretted this time next year?

Equipment Signature Silk Shirt \\ Vintage Marcel Dachet‘Blue Jeans’ \\ Rebecca Minkoff MAC clutch \\ ASOS Hong Kong Heel Sandal with Metal Trim c/o ASOS AU (also in red and black) \\ Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!