,

Friday, November 1, 2013

FOOTBALL JERSEY DRESS

Pin It Now!

IMG_2852 copy  IMG_2849     IMG_2870 copy 

I wasn’t quite sure whether to title this post ‘Football Jersey Dress’ or ‘Football Jersey as a Dress’. I mean, the only thing that makes this a ‘dress’ is that it’s long enough to cover my butt. Much appreciated. And that’s what I love about it so much. It’s as close to being actual sportswear as it can be - without being it. I mean, clearly, L’America isn’t that kind of ‘team’.

Just because I don’t derive any buzz from sport (playing it, watching it, or talking about it) doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the – frankly - elegance of sportswear design. It’s the inherent minimalism and sheer utilitarianism of it. It simply makes it comfortable to move in, and hence the well fitting slouchiness, and the perforation, while for me is simply an interesting texture, has the sole unglamorous task of aiding perspiration. The racer stripe design is for speed, of course, and we all know that red things go faster.

ASOS faux leather cap (here) \\ L’America Dress \\ 3.1 Phillip Lim Medium Pashli in Mixed Media (here) \\ Jeffrey Campbell Soiree Sandals in Clear and Metallic  (here) \\ Swarovski Pendant

IMG_2892 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!