,

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

BIRKENSTOCKS WITH EVERYTHING AT CASLAZUR SS14

Pin It Now!

SMALL 1 SMALL 2SMALL 3

SMALL 4

SMALL 6

SMALL 15
I’ve gone a bit mad lately with my sudden obsession with Birkenstocks. At first, it started out as the search for the best holiday shoe to take with me on my up and coming China trip, such search inevitably leading me to the Birkenstock. I must say I don’t understand this stigma with Birkenstocks being seen as daggy thongs or ‘Jesus slippers’. Far from thinking they’re daggy, I’d call them ‘elegant’, but not in a demure, feminine kind of way, but in the way that a mathematical formula is elegant – simple, effective, and so practical it’s beautiful. It’s the perfect shoe for the minimalist, which I am often on the cusp of being. Whatever your personal preferences, it’s that signature German design that demands at least a detached kind of respect.

I was blown away by the slouchy chic
CASLAZUR SS14 VA VA VOODOO lookbook and their exclusive use of Birkenstock Arizonas in the styling – it works so incredibly well, too well, like you’d never want to wear these outfits with any other shoes. The collection captures that quintessential Aussie cool (that’s talked about but only locals can truly understand), with edgy prints inspired by designer Cassie Snelgar’s African heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!