,

Monday, October 21, 2013

New Beauty Fav: Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick #103

Pin It Now!

IMG_2402IMG_2527 copy IMG_2404

Far be it from me to purport to identify lipstick colours by serial number, but I just couldn’t help gushing a little about #103 from Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick collection – a wonderfully chic blue based pale plum pink.

I know I’m late getting on the bandwagon with the Kate Moss lippies, but it’s only because I so rarely buy drug store beauty products. Drug store lipsticks in particular are always disappointingly bland, save for a number of obvious exceptions. For me, a highly pigmented lippy is a must. Where’s the fun in just a hint of colour?

I had my stint with bright, bright pink lippies, like Lime Crime Countessa Fluorescent, but after all, fluro pink doesn’t go with everything. Rimmel London Kate Moss #103 is a complex pink colour that is anything but cute. It’s bright but not confronting, and dare I say it, ‘natural’.

For a while there it seemed to make sense to have lips so shiny you could see yourself in it, but for me, matte is best, and Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte is wonderfully velvety. Watch out though, as it seems makeup scientists have yet to crack the secret to preventing matte lipstick related dry-lip-syndrome. A moisturising lip base is recommended!

Let me also add that Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick is the best smelling lipstick ever – mmm, sour cherry Dr Pepper.

IMG_2533 copyIMG_2548 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!