,

Saturday, October 5, 2013

FUTURE STRAPS

Pin It Now!

IMG_1540 copyIMG_1529 IMG_1530 

   ASOS Faux Leather Baseball Cap (here) \\ Equipment Signature Silk Shirt (here) \\ Gesutz Split Leather Pencil Skirt c/o ASOS (similar here) \\ 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Medium in Mixed Meida (here) \\ “Tessia” T Strap Sandals c/o Jessica Buurman (here)

My favourite collection from Alexander Wang was hands down his S/S 2013, which (as he has a knack to do) spoke exactly to what people seemed to be hungering for at that time: minimalism, head to toe white and the suspended cut-outs. I couldn’t help but sense a Barbarella-esque retro futuristic undertone, but minus the gaudy and the overt sexy. And if there were ever a shoe that left me staying up late at night thinking about, it’s the Aline sandal, which I guess can be credibly dubbed as a reincarnated gladiator sandal. But it’s so far away from that supposed origin that it really deserves to be put into its own shoe family (Space Sandals?).

I love Jessica Buurman’s dupe of the Aline (which is really a cross between the Aine and the Agata), their Tessia sandal. The floating T-strap illusion created with the help of a Perspex panel is somewhat mesmerizing. As you know I love to casual-a-fie all things meant for nightwear, and the Tessia has a laid back attitude to it anyway. So here I am taking them with a slouchy silk shirt, leather skirt and a baseball hat. After all I can’t help but go a little sporty with everything these days.

IMG_1566 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!