,

Thursday, October 3, 2013

DROP THE WAIST

Pin It Now!

IMG_1473 copy 0IMG_1476 copy IMG_1496

Drop Waist Mini Skirt from Tressle Canberra (similar here) \\ Jeffrey Campbell Soiree Sandal in Clear and Metallic (here) \\ 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel in Mixed Media (here)

I never thought I would be a fan of the drop waist/flounce hem silhouette, if only because I’m stubbornly averse to the style of the 80’s, and the drop waist inevitably evokes that era for me. But like my weird acquired obsession with Turkish Delight, the style has been catching my eye everywhere I see it, and ultimately I just had to buy in. I guess the original concept was an expression of femininity, but I love that the flounce hem has evolved into something more structured and sleek for modern consumption. This beyond cool skirt from local Canberra boutique Tressle is definitely not out of a 6-year-old’s fairy princess dream, being a weird combination of pretty and mean.

On the other hand, that’s a pretty awesome combination.

IMG_1501 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!