,

Thursday, October 10, 2013

3 Effortless Transeasonal Outfits

Pin It Now!

 

Lately I’ve been thinking about that tricky period between seasons when you don’t know just how cool or warm to dress from day to day. It occurs to me that all you need is probably the perfect sweater, and the outfit pretty much falls together. I’ve been playing around with some luxe items on my wishlist and put together three effortless transitional outfits all built around amazing sweaters. Would you wear them?

_________________________________________________

Transeasonal Outfit #1

I love an oversized sweater that can be worn as a dress – too easy! However, pulled over a mini skirt, they look cool with just a few centre meters of the skirt hem showing underneath.  This oversized mohair sweater by Alexander Wang is deliciously bunchy when worn. When wearing black, it’s all important to incorporate different textures and I love this divine Alice + Olivia’s Leather mini skirt with intricate laser cut detail to set off the flatness of the sweater. An all black outfit also requires the perfect statement lippy, and for me it’s got to be a deep shade. Burberry Lip Velvet in Hawthorn Berry is simply divine, and the chic packaging just kills me every time!

Easy trans-seasonal outfits #3

 

Alexander Wang sweater, 1 355 AUD / Mini skirt, 935 AUD / KG Kurt Geiger sandals, 160 AUD / Alexander Wang gold studded purse, 1 250 AUD / Alexander McQueen black shawl, 500 AUD / Burberry lip makeup, 38 AUD

_________________________________________________

Transeasonal Outfit #2

I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s obsessed with leather right now, and a pair of leather shorts is absolutely essential for between seasons dressing. I’ve been looking for the perfect leather short, and I think I may have found it in this Rag & Bone number. It’s high waisted and roomy in the legs. I can’t help but put together a slightly androgynous look with leather shorts, and this Alexander Wang geometric knit reminds me of 90s men’s sweaters (then, daggy; now, awesome). Of course, you’ll want to wear them with the sleeves pushed up (note: not rolled up). As for shoes, I’m a girl who should have had a man’s wardrobe, and these masculine 3.1 Phillip Lim leopard print loafers are high on my hit list.

Easy trans-seasonal outfits #2

 

Alexander Wang fairisle sweater, 975 AUD / Rag bone, 525 AUD / 3.1 Phillip Lim leather loafer, 690 AUD / Alexander Wang rose gold purse, 1 170 AUD / Michael Kors bracelet, 150 AUD / Lola Rose rose quartz pendant, 93 AUD / Burberry Beauty Lip Mist, 39 AUD

_________________________________________________

Transeasonal Outfit #3

Outfit number three gives a nod to my favourite trend at the moment – sports luxe – with the emphasis on the ‘luxe’. I can’t get enough of the souped-up sweat shirt, and this Alexander Wang goat fur front sweater is what could be described as ‘opulent’ in sportswear terms. Walking the line between dressy and casual, an amazing pair of sneakers is a must. These Marc by Marc Jacobs black and white wedge sneakers are too cool for words (and once I have them I’ll wear them with everything). The next logical accessory is of course the leather backpack. I love the deliciously structured Alexander Wang Prisma, with its chic gold hardware.

Easy trans-seasonal outfits #1

 

Alexander Wang sweater, 1 825 AUD / Alexander Wang mini skirt, 1 955 AUD / Marc by Marc Jacobs leather wedge sneaker, 595 AUD / Backpack, 1 485 AUD / Marc by Marc Jacobs watch, 355 AUD / Michael Kors bracelet, 150 AUD / Burberry Beauty Splash Eye Palette, 58 AUD

 

Did you like my outfits? How would you style them differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!