,

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

THE MASCULINE BUTTON UP

Pin It Now!

  IMG_8300 copy IMG_8318 copy   IMG_8328 copy IMG_8321 copy

Equipment Signature Shirt in Pink (here) \\ French Connection Skirt c/o Material Pleasures (Canberra) (similar here) \\ Vintage shoulder bag (similar here) \\ Karen Millen matching bracelet and ring (gift from my mother) \\ Tony Bianco (Isabel Marant lookalike) Ashbury Studded Ankle Strap Pumps (here)

Though I often lament my athletic shoulders, and am forever weary of boxy styles that emphasize them, I can (albeit hypocritically) appreciate a button up shirt that’s slightly on the masculine side. Confusingly, looking a bit like the opposite sexy is generally considered insanely sexy.

For this reason, I’ve to-and-fro-ed with my feelings on the Equipment Signature Shirt, with its strong shoulders and roomy arms. The first time I purchased one, I ended up returning it in disgust because I felt it made me look like a playing cards soldier from Alice in Wonderland. I blame my turnaround on an episode of How I Met Your Mother, when I saw (my most hated fictional character) Robin rocking a cream version of the Equipment Signature Shirt. It looked boxy, but it looked great. I guess I’m proof that product placement advertising really works.

Today I toned down the androgyny of the shirt with a flared French Connection skirt (thanks to Material Pleasures) and ultra-feminine heels. This is my idea of a smart casual look that can take you from coffee with friends to the office. 


image001 (2)
ROMWE has T-Shirts and Shorts starting at just $9.99 until 11 August 2013! Shop the event here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!