,

Sunday, June 16, 2013

THE WESTERN ANKLE BOOT

Pin It Now!

 

IMG_6702

IMG_6677 copy

IMG_6683

L’America – Jumper (similar) \\ Zara – White Asymmetric Wrap Wrap Skort \\ Croc Effect Bag c/o Romwe \\ “Lasso” studded ankle boots c/o Windsor Smith

As something I’ve always accepted on face value, I’d never thought twice before wearing shorts with sweaters in winter. That is, until my housemate pulled me up on it the other day. She said she found the combination confusing. Winter on top, summer on the bottom. It’s something I’d never really questioned. I guess to justify my position, I feel that physiologically, all your organs that really need to be kept warm are in your upper body, so keeping the limbs warm is somewhat secondary. What are your thoughts on this?

Something that I’m certain is ubiquitous in winter dressing is the all necessary ankle boot – warm, comfortable and infinitely mix-and-match-able. I am all for having at least one pair of feminine boots in my boot collection, one that has a pointed toe and stiletto heel. For me the western style boot is an absolute classic. My “Lasso” boots thanks to Windsor Smith is perfection in a shoe. The slightly outdoorsy flavour and silver hardware add a hard edged spin to an otherwise dainty style. And the best part? The roomy top make my ankles look tiny in comparison – definitely a welcome benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!