,

Monday, June 10, 2013

An Endless Winter #2

Pin It Now!

 

IMG_6077 copy

IMG_6057 copyIMG_6038

Jumper c/o Elm Knitwear \\ Mossimo Skirt \\ Pikolinos Lace-up Boots (a gift from my aunty) \\ Vintage Cross Body Bag (from my mother’s wardrobe)

Endless summer? Pish. Let winter go on for ever too. It’s the season for layering up in half your wardrobe, snacking on hot Taiwanese deserts, and knits, knits, knits. Just as I was looking to replenish my sweater collection (after my post-spring cull), along came my Fairy ‘Elm’ Mother with this dip dye sweater, so I could go to the ball too. But this one won’t be turning into a pumpkin after midnight (should I end the cliché fairy tale references here?). Made in light as air and fluffy soft angora, this luxe sweater is for flaunting and not layering. I love how effortless it is to style a piece that speaks for itself. I’ve gotten to thinking lately about weekend dressing, comfort vs style, and might I suggest that the key to the ‘off-duty’ look is starting with the one key piece. It should be attention grabbing, but not out of context, a brightly coloured blouse, or a pair of printed shorts (taking style cues from Olivia Palermo on the latter) for example. The rest should be strictly basics. I styled my Elm jumper with a simple denim mini skirt (Mossimo) and pair of comfy lace-up boots  - my idea of a lazy but not frumpy weekend look.

What is your weekend dressing formula?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!