,

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dress to Impress with $70 or Less at Canberra Fash’n’Treasure

Pin It Now!

 

IMG_9023_2

When was the last time you bought a whole outfit complete with shoes and accessories, from the same shop, on the same day, and all for under $70?  I was given a $70 budget to shop a whole outfit at Canberra’s Fash’n’Treasure Market and make a video about it. A task like this may seem near impossible anywhere else, but I knew that it would be easy at Fash’n’Treasure, Canberra’s dedicated pre-loved clothing market where Canberran fashionista’s come together to shop and sell their wardrobes. Read on to see how I put this outfit together and and to watch the video!

Screenshots01

After receiving my budget from Cathy, owner of Fash’n’Treasure, my strategy for the day was to look for pieces that are on-trend and on budget, and as much as possible from good brands.

IMG_96472

Putting an outfit together came down to settling on one key piece. I knew I had found it when I saw this amazing Zara leopard print dress. The intricate leopard print is so on trend and very feminine. The pretty fit and flare cut and flirty short length makes this dress perfect to dress up for a night out or dress down for a weekend picnic. The price of $40 was a great deal for a great brand and great quality. This dress has evidently never been worn.

IMG_96492

After finding the Zara dress, I knew that I wanted a jacket to layer up the look. This Dotti draped jacket has an awesome waist thinning cropped length, and the draped lapels and interesting print gives it a sense of complexity. I picked this one up for just $10.

IMG_96502

I then had just the $20 remaining in the budget to get all the accessories – tall order? Not at all. In fact, I was completely spoilt for choice when it comes to buying affordable accessories at Fash’n’Treasure. I guess it reflects that fact that girls often buy way too many shoes, bags and jewellery.

As we were going with the theme of clashy prints, I completely fell in love with this union jack sequined mini clutch. It’s not branded, but who cares, when it was only $5? It also comes with an optional chain for cross body usage.

When it comes to shoes, flats are the trend this season. Slipper loafers and feminine brogues are Parisian cool and combines comfort with style in a fashion forward way. I settled on a perfect pair of Betts black brogues with rivet detailing. The price was even more perfect, at only $10, leaving me with $5 to shop the finishing touches. The stall owner was also nice enough to throw in as set of white bangles. It always pays to barter a little bit.

For Jewellery, this gold tone lattice design bib necklace was love at first sight, and the price was right at $5.

IMG_9023

The outfit I put together is fun and flirty, and a little on the warm side for the coming chilly Autumn temperatures. But each piece is also versatile and infinitely mix & max ready. 

Watch my video to see the shopping process. Big thanks to Nurie Salim, my wonderful videographer!



The next Fash’n’Treasure is on 11 May 2013 from 10am to 3pm! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!