,

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Skin 79 - Kick It Side – Let’s Go Glam makeup base review

Pin It Now!

 

kick it side 2

Korean cosmetics Skin79, while best known for its highly rated and world famous BB creams, also has a pretty damn amazing makeup line, as I had the pleasure of finding out. MyBBCream.com, Australia’s only official authorised Skin79 distributor, asked me to review three products from Skin79’s exciting new ‘Kick It Side’ line.

I’ve selected three items I thought would be versatile for both day and night. Just before I start I just want to foreshadow that the names of these products are a little bit awkward, but let me assure you that they sound damn cool when spoken in Korean! So the products I’ll be reviewing in three parts are:

Touch Me Now in ‘Mystic' highlighter
Lets Go Glam in ‘Go Out’ eye shadow primer
and Fantastic Eyes in ‘Mesmeric Purple’

Last week, I reviewed Touch Me Now ‘Mystic’ highlighter. This week, it’s Let’s Go Glam ‘go out’ makeup base.

 

IMG_4923IMG_4931
Let’s Go Glam is a cream‘multi base’ with a touch of shimmer. ‘Go Out’ is a deep grey shade. The name suggests that it would be perfect for a smoky eye night look, but it’s much more versatile than that. 

Let’s Go Glam also comes in ‘Come on’, a sheer shimmer base that can also be used as a highlighter for the face.


IMG_4932
Let’s Go Glam is silky smooth, and applies beautifully evenly. Blended thinly, Let’s Go Glam provides a perfect surface for eye shadow to adhere to. Surprisingly, it can also be used as a cream eye shadow on its own, with impressive pigmentation when layered. The even consistency makes Let’s Go Glam so easy to apply and blend. It also has great lasting power, staying put without fading or smudging all day.

kick it side 2
I created a subtle winged eye shadow look but first applying a thin layer of Let’s Go Glam on my top lid with my finger, and then drawing wings on the outer edges of my eyes using a pointed eye shadow brush.

IMG_6952IMG_6953
Let’s Go Glam is a high quality and easy to use makeup base that can be used in so many different ways.  Find out more about this product here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!