,

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MAN REPELLING

Pin It Now!

 

IMG_58461
Whether consciously or, more than likely, otherwise, I’ve always dressed like a true Man Repeller. Drop crotch, saggy butt jump suit and platform loafers? Hell yes! And while I objectively understand the appeal of ‘low-cut’ (boobs = good), I haven’t seen my cleavage for so long that I’m not sure I even have one. It’s not that I’m indifferent to male attention. If anything, I’ve simply accepted my lack of success (lack of game?)in that field. As Valentine’s Day looms, yes, looms, and I see topics popping up like ‘The Perfect Valentine’s Day Makeup’ or ‘Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas’… ‘to Drive Him Wild’, I start to wonder whether fashion has any real impact on love, romance, and, well, sex. Most of you might disagree with me, but I feel that fashion and sexual attraction are, or should be, mutually exclusive concepts.

 

IMG_5850

IMG_5846
Who could forget the romantic and ultra modern white broderie anglaise on organza collars and dresses from Louis Vuitton’s S/S 2012 collection? This top from local Canberran boutique, Itrip Iskip so perfectly captures that giant lace doily look I loved. I pretend to be one of those edgy chicks but really, deep down, I’m just a girl who wants to go to high tea with her teddies.

 IMG_5848

R A C H E L Top from Itrip Iskip

Witchery Soft Drape Pant

Wittner ‘Blaide’ heeled loafers

ROMWE hat (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!