,

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Monday Nail Stuff: Pastel manicure!

Pin It Now!

304

Today’s nail look is inspired by pastel jewellery. I love the trend right now of mixing pastel with gold. Fashion accessory chain Lovisa does this style extremely well. I don’t quite understand why pastel and skulls work so well together…probably one of those mysteries of the universe!

pastel

This look is extremely easy to do. The only problem may be to give sufficient time for the layers to dry.

You’ll need:

  • Base coat: I’m  using OPI Base Coat
  • Pastel base colour: I’m using a slightly minty grey, Essie “Da Bush”
  • Gold tip colour: I don’t own a foily gold, so I’m using China Glaze “Cowardly Lyin’”, applied in several layers
  • Top coat: I’m using Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat

298301303

After applying the top coat, apply the pastel base colour. If it’s a light colour, you’ll need at least two coats. If you are applying multiple coats, make sure to let this dry completely before applying the tip colour.

302

It might look tricky to paint the tip, but it couldn’t be easier! The key is to paint in quick strokes without going over it too much. If you mess up, you can always fix the mistake with some base colour.

pastel01

Have fun creating your pastel manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!