,

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Midweek outfit: Faux real

Pin It Now!

36_238_244_24546

I wore: Top from Sportsgirl, Faux Leather Biker Shorts by Neon Hart, from General Pants Co; Shoes from Rivers; Bag from my mother’s wardrobe; Necklace from Colette.

For years my mum has been drilling into me that everything has to be real leather or it’s a complete waste of money. She’s such a leather snob that she tells me she went into the Louis Vuitton boutique last week and complained to them right in the store about their faux-leather range! Due to her constant coaching about buying ‘real leather’, I used to never even look twice at something in a store I knew was faux leather, despite how cute the design was. For someone who was a vegetarian for about two years, this position was so conflicting for me. I wasn’t eating any meat, but yet all the shoes and bags I owned were still leather! I’m trying to get out of this mind set, and today’s outfit features, faux leather shorts and shoes (the bag is cow hide unfortunately!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!