,

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Friday Review: MAC “watch me simmer” Amplified Creme Llipstick!

Pin It Now!

One of Canberra’s saving graces is an awesome MAC counter in its CBD Myer, and due to a dedicated client base, it is one of the only MAC counters in the country that gets to preview new collections before they are officially released everywhere else in Australia. Last week I got an email from MAC store manager, Elissa, inviting me to drop by the prelaunch of MAC’s 'Reel Sexy’ collection! Of course, this collection has already been released in North America, and the lip colours in particular has received rave reviews.

41

The ‘Real Sexy’ collection draws on the neon trends this season and delivers punchy colours that are infinitely wearable. Having had Elissa talk me through the collection, I was totally sold on “Watch me simmer”.

“Watch me simmer” is actually my first MAC lipstick. After trying it, I felt like this should have been my first lipstick (with the exception of my favourite, Chanel Rouge Allure Insolente).  

36

On application, “Watch me simmer” is smooth and creamy, and glides on vibrantly in one stroke! The colour is slightly sheer, but is buildable to a satisfying opacity. With a deliciously glossy finish, there’s no need for additional gloss!

37

Unfortunately these photos don’t quite do justice to the incredible glowy vibrancy of this lip colour.

503842

Here’s my complete haul from the MAC prelaunch. I also picked up one of their lovely limited eye shadow duos.

35

The duos are thoughtfully paired, with colours that can be used separately or blended together to create the mid, unifying shade for a beautiful colour gradation. I won’t be swatching these colours as this duo is in fact a gift for my makeup junky neighbour (*shh*)!

43

Finally, some happy snaps of the night! Here’s me and Elissa. I just love her makeup! She pulls off colours so effortlessly and I was totally inspired.

photo (4)2

Looking through the MAC style book, I commented that it seems like it would be a challenge deciding which colours to use and where. Elissa explained that this is a bit of a science, with a lot of colour theory involved. It’s all about knowing what colours work together, and how to use colours and shades to emphasize or downplay the elements of the face.

It was clear to see that Elissa is genuinely passionate about the MAC brand and her job. When asked whether she gets bored with makeovers at the counter, she explains that every face is totally different, and it’s always fun creating looks that make her clients look their best.

photo (1)

Elissa was so generous in sharing all her makeup secrets with us. Here she is using the 168SE (?) angled contour brush to demonstrate how to get the perfect blush look every time. She explains that with highly pigmented blushes like those in the MAC range, you should always wipe off the brush before application, as it’s important to build the colour gradually. Then, using the brush in a buffing motion across the desired areas of the face, you can create the most natural and flattering blushing maiden flush. Perfectly applied blush can make such a difference to your face!

photo (3)

Two happy gals with MAC goodies!

photo (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!