,

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Nail Stuff–Candy Apple nails

Pin It Now!

I’ve always loved the idea of Candy Apples. When I first saw the big shiny red lollipop like treat I thought it was the cutest thing in the world, and ate them until my teeth started hurting. Then when I was living in Japan I discovered candy strawberries, candy mandarins, candy grapes, candy everything! I looked forward to eating these at every festival. Interestingly though, in Japan they never really candied apples…I guess when you think about it, it’s so hard to eat anyway, so who came up with that silly idea? xD

Aaanyway. Continuing on with my previous theme of food related nail art designs, this Monday’s nail art is Candy Apple nails! With toffee glazed apples topped with seeming inedible metallic caramel!

32

 

The idea for this design was inspired by Lime Crime’s “Carousel Gloss” poster designs! But I reversed the colour scheme to make it more ‘apple like’

banner-carouselgloss (1)

33

I used:

  • China Glaze “Mommy Kissing Santa”
  • China Glaze “Cowardly Lyin’”
  • Seche Vite dry fast top coat

“MOmmy Kissing Santa” turned out to be the perfect finish for a glazed apple.

36

This also reminds me of an awesome thing I saw when I was on holidays in Canada – Caramel Apples~ They come in so many flavours and look absolutely precious! Toffee apples is a Halloween thing in North American, and we don’t get them in Australia.

This pic is from http://www.amyscandykitchen.com/caramelapples.html

amystray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!