,

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Material Pleasures Winter Launch 2012

Pin It Now!

Ever since I discovered ‘recycled designer clothing retailer’ Material Pleasures last year, I’ve been a die hard fan! Their season launches are probably Canberra’s number one must go event. This is where you get first dibs on the amazing designer range they’d been collecting for months and months and all at amazingly affordable prices. High street to semi-high end brands like H&M, Zara, Witchery, Cue and Alanah Hill can be nabbed for between $30 and $60, and designer brands like Burberry and Christian Louboutin have been spotted for under $200 (but these don’t stay in store for very long!).

 

3

This year’s Winter Launch had a fantastic turn out. From 5pm opening, the shop was literally full of people. There was hardly any room to walk, and the cash register had line 30 people long. I was there for over 2 hours, snapping shots and grabbing clothes. I saw some really awesome things that were mostly sold that night.

9

This beautiful orange Michael Kors mac was only $90. I would have bought it had it been my size!

29

Vintage mint condition Slavatore Ferragamo loafers anyone?

30

And I saw many satisfied customers. These girls were out to buy colour, and were not disappointed.

22

Most people were buying arm fulls so MP provided washing baskets. People were also encouraged to bring their own because experience indicated that there were never enough for everyone. Most people were walking around with baskets completely filled with clothes.

32

I was able to get a snap of owner Rebekah as she was running all over the place keeping things in order.

31

Though I was photographer for the night, I didn’t go home empty handed. Here’s my haul.

BNWT Silk dress by $10

10

Super cute lime yellow sweater $28 11

Faux leather pants by Zara $40

12

Amazing Church’s brogues $40

14

Vintage Milana brogues $50

15

I think I did rather well holding back considering the amount of really nice clothes that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!