,

Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Nail stuff–French “Moustache” Manicure

Pin It Now!

Ok I don’t now what’s the deal with moustaches, but ever since my Nerd Birds Review, I’ve seen seeing them everywhere! Recently someone at work asked me about the moustache picture on my facebook, and I was honestly at a loss for words to explain…

Anyway recently I saw some moustache themed nail art that really inspired me. So this week’s nail theme is the French Moustache Manicure!

Oh and a shout out to Jennifer from http://njennifer.blogspot.com.au, who’s just recently launched a new moustache themed blog layout!

20

For this look I used:

  • Nail polish remover
  • OPI Base Coat
  • OPI Nail Polish in “Alpine Snow”
  • Seche Vite top coat (I find this to be the most amazing top coat especially for nail art, as it helps the nail polish to dry super quickly)

If you’re wondering why my nail polish remover is suspiciously unmarked…it’s because it’s from my scientist boyfriend’s lab Smile with tongue out. Scientists are sexy hehe

24

Also:

  • Tiny tiny brush for the moustache detail
  • Dotter tool for the white dot design
  • Old eyeliner brush for neatening up the French tips

25

The steps are very simple:

  1. Apply a coat of the case coat
  2. Paint a rough white tip on nails
  3. Dip eyeliner brush in nail polish remover and clean up white tip
  4. When nail polish remover and white tips are dry, paint on moustache
  5. Dot on white dots
  6. Finish with top coat

22

The perk is that this nail design also serves as a portable mini disguise for facilitating light criminal activities or avoiding awkward meetings with that talkative acquaintance.

23

And now I leave you with ‘Moustache Cat”!!

14

Oh, and don’t forget to enter my giveaway!

favouritesgiveaway[4][2]

Enter now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!