,

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February “Lust Have It” box

Pin It Now!

For a while now I’ve been seeing other bloggers talk about monthly beauty boxes like Glossy Box, and always thought how nice it would be if Australia could get this kind of service. Well since around the end of last year a handful of monthly beauty sample box business have been popping up all over the place. While it seems the consensus is that Australia isn’t getting as great products as our counterparts in North America and Europe, these services have been getting positive reactions from Aussies.

I checked out a few sites and decided to try out ‘Lust Have it’. I would have gone with Glossy Box Au, but unfortunately I’ve read some scathing reviews on their unreliable service and disappointing product varieties.

So having signed up to Lust Have It for $15 per month, I directly forgot about the whole thing until a little package was waiting for me at home one day. 13The February Lust Have It box contains:

  • Lancome Juicy Tubes
  • Davroe Tame Lemongrass Detangler
  • Sasy n Savy Rose Lavender Hand n Nail Repair Creme
  • Lush Sugar Scrub
  • Taut Collagen infusion mask

I have to say I’m impressed so far by this months box. There are both beauty and makeup products, though mostly beauty. The sample sizes are generous and they come with a helpful information card. The package itself arrived on 8 February, so not too shabby considering there have been complaints from customers of other box services that packages were not arriving until near the end of the month.

As I was given the ‘20s’ card, I suppose this means they have tailored products to age brackets. I wonder what other age brackets were getting…

I’ll be quickly reviewing each other products.

Davroe Tame Lemongrass Detangler

The promise:

“This dual action Lemongrass Detangler is a lightweight non-greasy leave in conditioning/treatment mist that can detangle the most unruly hair, leaves hair manageable, luxuriously soft and silky, with the fresh natural fragrance of Passionflower and Ylang Ylang.”

First of all, I have dead straight hair, so I don’t run into any tangling problems, although my bleached ends have been getting quite dry, so I was keen to see if this leave in conditioner would really make my hair soft and silky. Spritsing on some of this stuff, I did notice that it made my hair softer, but not really in an incredibly noticeable way. So I think this product is probably not aimed at my hair type, as it’s advertised as a detangler and probably doesn’t do much else.

14

Lush Sugar Scrub

The promise:

Our Sugar Scrub is hard, but a bit of a sweetie. Its’ no nonsense stance stimulates activity and tackles cellulite with fennel and ginger. Skin calming lavender has a balancing effect.”

So the first thing I notice before I even open the box is this fresh floral-herby smell coming from my room where the box was waiting for me. This stuff smells friggen amazing!

Though this product was a bit hard to get at as it’s packaged in a tight ball (and you have to be careful not to get it too wet as the sugar will disintegrate), it feels fantastic on the skin and is a perfect combination of creaminess and exfoliation. I don’t know about its effect on cellulite, but my skin felt so smooth afterwards! This is a product I’ll definitely buy!

15

Sasy n Savy Rose Lavender Hand n Nail Repair Creme

The promise:

Skin nourishing evening primrose and macadamia oil soften and smooth. Shea butter soothes and heals dry skin. Vitamin C & E defends hard-working hands from damage

I have a huge problem with dry hands during the day and most moisturisers actually make the problem worse, make my hands oily, or just don’t work for long enough so I have to keep putting on more. I put this stuff on once in the morning, and it really did seem to ‘defend’ my hands through out the day. I’m quite happy with it!

16

Lancome Juicy Tubes

Now I already own some Juicy Tubes, and I’m already a fan, but luckily I don’t have this shade. The ones I picked up were just sheer shades and I use them as glosses over lipstick. So what really surprised me is how vibrant and colour saturated this gloss is. I’m totally in love with my new Juicy Tube!

17IMG_7973

Taut Collagen infusion mask

The promise:

“LAC Taut Gold Standard Collagen Infusion Mask is a facial mask that slips luxuriously onto your face to infuse concentrated premium collagen-enriched essence to tone, hydrate and brighten your complexion in just 7-10 minutes!'”

This mask probably came at a very relevant time, as I have just recently gotten into using sheet masks. What I found really nice about this is how thick the mask is. It held quite a bit of product, so I ended up rubbing this stuff all over myself! I did notice immediately that it did somewhat ‘brighten’ my complexion, but other than that there was no other immediate change. As the pack says though, this mask is ideally used 3-4 times a week, so it’s probably meant to be beneficial over time. I’m still a huge skin care sceptic though and I’ve come to believe, after trying many different topical products, that your diet, more than anything else would determine the health of your skin.

18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!