,

Friday, July 15, 2011

Korean Ulzzang Make

Pin It Now!

I’ve decided to do my makeup and outfit posts separately so I can categorize them better. So this is my makeup for my ‘Green is not so bad’ outfit post!

I tried to go a different direction than Gyaru, and try an Ulzzang look instead! To me the Ulzzang stereo type is flawless powdery white skin and natural beauty.

Since I don’t have any of these…! I doubt I could pull off a true Ulzzang look, but I tried to get the flavour of this look as much as I could with makeup. What I notice about Ulzzang is that rather than enlarging the eye, the focus seems to be to elongate it. So you get a otona-kawaii (cute and mature) look, rather than dolly. And of course the brows have to be natural and thick.

10

I wanted to publish this post two days ago, but I'm back in Perth for this whole week, visiting my parents and friends, and also attending my friend Maria's 50's themed Hen's night, so I haven't really had time to blog.

It's so great to be back in Perth. Every time I come back, I am reminded what a great place Perth is, and how much I took it for granted when I lived here. I do feel some times it would be nice to come back here to live, but I'm the kind of person who does not take any steps backwards.

12
 
So what do you prefer, gyaru or ulzzang?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!