,

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

THAT OLD DRESS

Pin It Now!

IMG_8794 copy

IMG_8787 copy

IMG_8764 copy   IMG_8763 copy  

All About Eve Letterman Jacket (similar here) \\ One Teaspoon Tiered Dress (similar here or here) \\ Zara Basic Lunch Bag Satchel (similar here) \\ Lace up sandal c/o Jessica Burrman (here)

I can sense you face-palming, but I consider myself a very small scale environmentalist. It’s a far cry from my ‘Captain Planet’ fangirl days, but admittedly I’m too much of a slave to consumerism to truly live by the ‘Planateer’ manifesto. In my own way of living sustainably, I give away, sell, or ‘reconsider’ unwanted clothes, but I never throw them away. There are certain pieces in my wardrobe that I’ve kept for ever. This OneTeaspoon tiered dress was one of the first things I bought with my own money when I started working full time. It’s by all definitions, old. It’s been through it all. Sweat, tears, stretching, crimping. I even managed to splash bleach on it at some stage (don’t ask), which I rather consider that improve the whole distressed look of it. If you’ve been with me that long, you might remember this dress as one of the very first things I posted about on this blog!

Back in the day I wore these with shearling trimmed boots. Now I feel this dress has ‘grown up’ with me enough to be paired with a feminine lace up sandals. I think the high straps of the heels balances out the shortness of the dress nicely. Sometimes it’s just not that kind of day to look overly leggy.

Do you have a well loved piece that you’ve kept for years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!