,

Friday, April 19, 2013

Lush Fresh Handmade Colour - Strong

Pin It Now!
IMG_8532

After my initial gush over LUSH when it was newly introduced to me, being true to my fashion victim disposition, I subsequently dismissed the brand for being gimicky, overpriced, and not delivering on its promised benefits (the sugar scrub, while my favourite product from the brand, was ultimately something you could make yourself at a fraction of the cost). When the LUSH Fresh Handmade Colours came out, I was confused by the deliberate ambiguity as to whether the colours were for eyes, lips or face, with all the 'colours' coming in nondescript (albiet, cute) vials. Clearly certain colours would generally only be suitable for certain areas. I was also not won over by the concept of choosing colours based on your personality, horoscope styles, or indeed, the proposition that your choice of colours could reveal your personality. Gimicky much?


Ironically I received 'Strong' in my LustHaveIt! Box, and having actually tried it, I am now completely addicted. Read on for my full review!

IMG_8533

All Lush Colours come in a small vial with a sponge applicator stick. The bottle and lid are designed to look like dropper bottles. I actually love this design, and the weight of the glass. While the bottles all look the same, the applicators differ based on the type of colour it is, whether it's a lip colour, eyeshadow or eyeliner. 'Strong' is a super vibrant yellow based red. It's is basically a lip colour, but can also be used for face. I've also tried is for eyes for something unusual.

IMG_8463

The colour does varies in different lights, but on me 'Strong' is a beautiful orangey red, and you guys should know how much I love my orange lippies. 'Strong' is so highly pigmented, and is deeper than even my favourite orange lippy, Etude House My Blooming Lips-Talk OR207. Lush Colour applies like lipgloss, without the shine, but is as strongly pigmented as opaque lipstick, without the thickness in consistency. A little goes a long way. It does not dry out. In fact, it doesn't dry at all. As it's not a lipstick with any promise of colourfastness, no matter how long you leave it to set it will still just rub off at a touch. It does slightly stain your lips.

IMG_8472

I started as a sceptic, thinking that LUSH Colours are all gimick and no substance, but I've ended up loving this product. I can't wait to try more from this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!