,

Friday, July 6, 2012

Get glowy cheeks with makeup that’s good for you - Krave Blush Crush!

Pin It Now!

I don’t know about you, but when I used to be a makeup newbie, the product I never thought of stocking up on was blush. I think a lot of people underestimate how important blush is to one’s look, and how much difference a good quality blush makes. I would go so far as to say that some people are afraid of blush, as if wearing blush at all would make them look like a floosy (I blame the 80’s for giving blush a bad reputation!). Oh, how I want to take these poor misguided souls by the shoulders and shake some sense into them! Not only is blush something you should never go without, but it’s one of the only makeup products that can been worn on its own, when you’re in a rush.

Last Christmas I gifted a Nepoleon Perdis makeup kit to my friend, which included their legendary cream blush. That was the first blush my friend had ever worn, and she reluctantly put it on for work one day. All day long, everyone was complementing her on how nice her skin looked, and she was a believer since. 

But unfortunately, not all blush products are equal. I’ve tried some amazing ones, and I’ve also tried some pretty disappointing ones. Krave Blush Crush, I have to say, is definitely the former!

Recently on the great blogsphere, I’ve been hearing whispers of Krave Minerale Cosmeceuticals, Philippine home grown brand producing high quality wearable organic makeup made with natural ingredients that’s good for your skin and totally affordable. It’s products are manufactured in the USA. Krave Blush Crush, a loose mineral powder blush, is made with Rice Powder and containing Natural SPF. And, for those of you who love key words, it’s also kosher, vegan, glutan free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores), non-acnegenic (doesn’t cause breakouts!), and like all Krave products, completely chemical free *phew*.

109

One look at Krave Blush Crush’s translucent glossy pink plastic container brought to mind adorable barbie makeup.

110

While I think the pot is really adorable, it does seem to be quite messy, and due to the small size, it’s difficult to apply this product with a makeup puff. This isn’t such a problem for me, however, as I use a brush for my blush.

113This is the first time I’ve used a blush that’s not either in cake or cream form, and I thought loose powder would be difficult to apply as you can’t control how much you get on the brush. However, I didn’t have any problems with this at all, and it’s always a good idea to tap off or white off access product from the applicator before applying.

The powder itself is super fine and looks very pearlescent, and slightly shimmery. While this is made with rice powder, it doesn’t look at all different to other mineral lose powders out there. The colour, endearingly named ‘Pink Muffin’, is deep pink, slightly mauve.

112

While the product looks like it would super bright, it actually wears as a beautiful soft and subtle pink, which looks amazingly natural. While I expected it to be overly shimmery, there was no visible shimmer at all, and instead, my cheeks were given a lovely glow.

59

60128

Now one thing I was concerned about with this product being made with rice powder, is would it adhere to the skin as well and last as long. I have noticed that the pigment is not as buildable as you would expect, but the colour does last all day!

By the way, on recommendation from my favourite M.A.C. makeup artist, I use an angled contouring brush to apply my blush by 3 Concept Eyes, purchased from The Powder Room.

136

word_thegoodnews

  • Made with organic natural rice powder and is chemical free 
  • Doesn’t clog pores, and doesn’t cause breakouts
  • Super wearable colour
  • Gives the look of healthy glowing skin 
  • Generous product size
  • Very affordable, at Php 230 ($5AUD)!
word_thebadnews
  • While packaging is cute, it can get messy

I absolutely love this product, and it’s now in my normal makeup rotation! You can get your own here.

Krave Minerale Cosmeceuticals was very kind to provide me with a range of products to review, and so far, I love each one of them. I’ll be reviewing each one in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned!!

104

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!