,

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tutorial–Okarie’s droopy eyes!

Pin It Now!

A few people have asked me whether I would do an Okarie inspired tareme (droopy eyes) makeup tutorial. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Okarie’s makeup style, but I really admire that she’s serious about her blog, isn’t afraid to show her bare face and shares all her makeup secrets with all her fans. 

102

okaire

Start with a clean slate by applying your foundation. I used Garnier BB Cream as a base, and my favourite foundation at the moment, Chanel Aqua Lumiere water based foundation.

First up is eyebrows. Okarie keeps hers really thin and light. I used Cosmagic Brow-up eyebrow mascara to lighten my brows.

T_01T_02

Then apply a light pink blush. I’m using Ameli Shiny Cake Blush. Apply over the apple of your cheek for the dolly cute look.

T_03T_04

Now eye shadow. At the moment, I’m totally head over heels for this four tone smoky eye ‘the talking palette’ by Stila.

T_05

Apply like pictured. The trick is to darken up the outer edge of eye, while lightening the rest, using the mid tone (3) to define the eye socket and the darkest shade (4) to start creating the tareme effect.

T_06

The next important step is eyeliner. I’m using Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner. Resist your urge to draw out the wing by following your natural eye line. Okarie draws her wing at a downward angle, like below.

T_07110

Now the false lashes. For upper lashes I’m using trusty Dolly Wink No.1. Okarie often layers up two sets of upper lashes to make them look super thick.

T_09

For lower lashes, I’m using a set of natural looking Taiwanese made lower lashes from ebay, and Dolly Wink No.7 ‘Vivid pop’. I also used No.7 in my Ageha tutorial.

T_10

Cut the lower lashes in half, as we only need them on the outer corner of the eyes.

T_11

Apply half of each of the lower lashe son the outer edges of each eye, then place Dolly Wink No.7’s over the top.

T_12T_13

As a final touch to the eyes, use your liquid eyeliner to draw a black line right in the middle of your tear line.

T_14Finally, apply a light pink shade of lipstick and clear lip gloss. I’m using Peri Peri Wonder of Lips in peach, and MOR lip Marshmellow.

T_15T_16

Annnd, curl your hair~

113

Okarie always leave two strands on either side of her face uncurled. This is because she has a broad face in gyaru model terms and this helps thin her face down.

111

So there you have it! It’s a really easy look to create – good luck!

112

103

1 comment:

  1. wow, you're look great <3
    i dont have any courage to use that false lashes. lol
    mind to follow each other dear?

    xoxo,G.R

    ReplyDelete

Comment with Facebook!