,

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tips for Tuesdays: False eyelash application Q&A

Pin It Now!

Since I posted the false eyelash application tutorial a while back, I’ve been having some discussions with my followers about solutions to some common application problems. A lot of people have commented saying that they simply gave up on falsies, or only apply them for very special occasions when it’s worth the trouble. I really want to impress on you guys that applying false lashes is really not the Ancient Greek style odyssey it may seem.

Q: How do I get false lashes to stick more firmly for longer?
A: Here are a few tricks I’ve learned to make eyelashes stick for longer:

  • Apply a thick layer of mascara before applying false lashes.
  • Use a pair of tweezers to press your own lashes and the false lashes together before the glue dries. This also makes sure you have none of your own lashes showing under the false ones.

I’m totally paranoid about losing my falsies half way thought the day, so I always take my time applying them, making sure they’ve stuck firmly. I have never had my false lashes start lifting on me, and I wear them 8 hours at a time!

eye lash tutorial11[2]

 

Q: How do I get lashes to stick down flush at the edges?
A: Bend the spine of the lashes well before applying glue. The idea is to make it follow the natural curve of your eye. You can usually do this easily by folding the lashes over with your thumb and forefinger, but make sure to do this all the way to the ends. For cheaper lashes with stiff spines, use your eyelash curler. You really can’t overdo this step.

Q1

Q: Why don’t my lashes point upwards like on the models?
A: There are a few things you can do to make sure your lashes point upwards:

  • Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler slightly before applying lashes, just to make them point slightly upwards. Don’t curl them too much, as this will make applying falsies more difficult!
  • Apply false lashes with your eyes open, and from above.

25

  • Before the glue dries, press the lashes upwards with your finger. 23
  • You can curl the falsies with an eyelash curler afterwards, but this is not usually necessary as falsies come pre-curled, and the falsies start looking a bit less natural.

 

Q: How long should I let the glue dry before applying?
A: This depends on how fast the glue your using dries. I’ve seen a few tutorials telling you to wait until the glue has half dried. I use Dolly Wink eyelash glue, which dries incredibly fast, so I never let the glue dry at all before applying lashes. If you are finding that with the glue wet, your lashes are lifting up at the edges, then follow my second tip, above, and bend the lashes until they are sufficiently curved.

24

Q: What happens if I make a mistake?
A: You always have a few seconds to correct the position of the lashes before the glue dries, so don’t panic! If the glue starts to dry and you can see it’s really not working, don’t be afraid to just pull them off again. When the glue first dries its still quite pliable and shouldn’t pull out any of your own lashes. Then use your fingers to pull off the left over glue on your lashes and lids and start again.

Q: Is it more difficult to apply lower lashes?
A: Nope! It’s easier. Lower lashes don’t have to stick to your own lashes, so you can stick them where ever you like. The easiest type of lower lashes to apply are those that come in small clumps rather on a long spine. If you have troubles with lining yours up you could always cut them into sections.

 

If anyone has any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, and I will add them to this list!

 

Good luck achieving perfectly applied falsies!!

1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment with Facebook!